NHS Elective Care Winter Pressures
Xyla Elective Care is a national elective care specialist with a proven track record in the delivery of flexible and scalable solutions to help NHS organisations. We support the NHS with delivery of elective care service across a range of specialties and pathways.
Our services can help you to maintain elective capacity despite the challenges posed by winter pressures.
We are able to deliver services within the acute setting, community or virtually.
Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
How Xyla Elective Care can mitigate NHS winter pressures
The range of services we provide — from virtual services and insourcing to the use of alternative community premises — supports Trusts to redirect their critical resources where needed, helping to alleviate winter pressures.
- Application of virtual wards to reduce throughput and length of stay in the acute setting, enabling admission avoidance and expedited discharge
- Advice, guidance and clinical triage of referrals in primary care to reduce referrals into secondary care
- Community-based elective care and insourced elective care capacity solutions, enabling Trusts to reallocate resources to focus on emergency and urgent care
- Measurable benefits, for operational and financial efficiency, with pricing shaped by national tariffs
- Services are shaped to comply with local service protocols and augmented local delivery with hybrid services if required
- Our solutions give additional capacity seven days per week or, for example, during evenings – and we can set up and manage different spaces for service delivery including in community settings.
As a trusted national partner – we work with:
26 NHS Integrated Care Systems
59 NHS Trusts in England and Wales
Specialities supported –
- General surgery
- Oral medicine & surgery
- Respiratory medicine
- AF screening
- ECG and BP services
- General/MSK ultrasound
- Respiration/sleep physiology
- Vascular ultrasound
Here’s what one of our partners had to say
At North Norfolk Primary Care, we provided a capacity solution to ‘decompress’ pressures in dermatology, designed a sustainable pathway model rooted in Primary Care and provided advice and guidance for GP implementation.
in the number of patients requiring onward referrals to secondary care
in reviewing and completing Advice and Guidance referrals within 24 hours
Register your interest
Find out more about how we can support you this winter.